Plant Protection Directorate was established in 2004 within the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management.
This Directorate is the National Plant Protection Organization (NPPO), which carried out and coordinated all activities in the field of plant protection.
There is eight (8) organizacional units:
- Department for plant health and quarantine
- Department for plant protection and plant nutrition products
- Department for plant variety registration
- Group for seed and plant propagating material
- Group for plant variety protection and bisafety
- Border phytosanitary inspection Division
- Internal phytosanitary inspection Division
- Section for Lega, generall and economic affairs
For certain jobs, Directorate authorize some public institution like Proffesional Agricultural Service, Agricultural Faculty, Agricultural Institutes.